(Revised Jan 25, 2015)
WELCOME to the West Seattle Democratic Women’s website……..
SEE CHAIR ANN’S JANUARY LETTER TO THE MEMBERSHIP (See “Messages & Reports” Page)
INFORMATION ON JOINING WSDW’s LISTSERV OF VOLUNTEERS AVAILABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING ADVOCACY COMING SHORTLY!!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR – (Go to Page indicated for more details)
- January 22nd – WSDW Membership Mtg – Anti Human Trafficking Program, (See Meeting & HT Awareness for details)
- January 28th – Join Georgie for a comedy standup session at the C & P on California Avenue, 7:00 pm (See Sharings page for details)
- Feb 6 at Barnes & Nobel, Westwood Village – Theresa McCormick, WSDW member, writer and artist is the featured author at the SW Historical Society’s evening session of their “Words, Writers, & West Seattle” series. It’s from 5-7pm, FREE and as Theresa shares “will be more FUN if ya’ll come“!!
- February 12th – WSDW Board Mtg -
- February 26th – WSDW Membership Mtg – Discussion Group Subject: “How Can We Get More People, Especially Young People, Involved In Politics?” – Meeting Program: The History and Ramifications of the McCleary (Public Educational Funding and Reform) Decision!
- March 12th – WSDW Board Mtg –
- March 26th – WSDW Membership Meeting – Discussion Group Subject: tbd – Meeting Program: How to Get Women to RUN and RUN SUCCESSFULLY for Public Office!!
- April 9th – WSDW Board Mtg -
- April 23rd – WSDW Membership EVENING Meeting – No Discussion Group – Meeting Program: “An April Fool Surprise”
- November tbd, 2015 — 2015 Int’l Anti Human Trafficking Conference, UW Women’s Center Taskforce, U of Washington
Special CONGRATULATIONS to some of our WSDW members who were either elected or appointed to terms in other Democratic organizations……
KCDCC: Ann Martin, State Committeewoman
Marcee Stone-Vekich, Chair,
Karen Chilcutt, Treasurer,
Lisa Plymate, State Committeewoman
Martha Koester, King County Committeewoman
Tamsen Spengler, LAC Chair
Some “quickies” from November’s Membership Meeting:
- WSDW elects its 2015 officers:
- Chair: Ann Martin
- Vice Chair: Rachel Glass
- Secretary: Roberta Reed
- Treasurer: Mary Fisher
- Parliamentarian: Elizabeth Heath